Online wine degustations
Many people are missing wine degustations with their friends due to the Covid-19 pandemic. They are missing visiting the vineyards and bars for drinking with friends. People are missing in-person tasting of wines and selecting the best wines. But now they have started online tasting of wine using certain apps and technologies.
Supplies needed for an online tasting of wine
● Wine: it is a great time for people to try new wines as many shops offer six-pack for curbside pickup. Friends can also try different themes. For example, they can choose wines from different regions and vineyards.
● Glassware: choose glasses in which wine can be tasted.
● Tasting grid or notepad: record notes about the wine’s taste, color, and other specifications and uses it to compare with friends.
Steps for online wine degustations
● First, contact the friends and set a time for everyone.
● Agree to a particular platform that is convenient for all.
● Select the wines and order the same for everyone.
● On the day of tasting, get a smartphone and stand to place it.
● Get a clean glass for tasting.
● Start the facetime call.
● Start tasting.
● Takes notes for comparing results.
● Compare results once finished tasting.
When people have to follow social distancing, online wine degustations are the convenient and best way to connect with people and enjoy tasting different wines. People need wine, a smartphone, a glass, a notepad for writing notes, and an app for face timing each other. Enjoy exploring different wines with closed ones and have an amazing time. Manage and include the old social life in the social distancing so that it feels almost the same as old times. Stay safe and happy!